Metaverse, Roblox, and Halloween with Chipotle Boorito
Roblox, the wildly addictive online gaming metaverse has avatars roaming in a virtual territory engaging in a vast swath of activities: unicorn rides, concerts, restaurants, and more—all along with other players in a shared world. Chipotle is now the first restaurant to unveil a location within the Roblox metaverse. Users can win a free (real-world) burrito coupon by completing the brand’s in-game quest.
- Play between October 28 and 31, after 6:30 p.m. EST each day
- Dress your avatar in a Chipotle-themed virtual costume (Chip Bag Ghost, Burrito Mummy, Spicy Devil, Guacenstein, etc.)
- Arrive at the virtual Chipotle restaurant and check in at the cash register for the free burrito code. Only the first 30,000 visitors per day will succeed.
- Terms: Coupons valid for online orders only through November 14. One coupon per person
- Even if you don’t win the free burrito, everyone gets a $5 entree (burrito, bowl, salad, tacos) on Halloween, from 5pm til close, for online orders only with code BOORITO
- Check out the Chipotle Boorito Maze, where you can play to win Roblox avatar accessories
Chipotle is one of many companies teaming up with massive multiplayer online games like Roblox, Fortnite, PUBG, and Minecraft. Brands like Nike, Gucci, and Hasbro have aligned with Big Tech giants to build their own forays. Now, Facebook,…erm, Meta, is declaring its dominance in the field as well.
However, in video games, Roblox boasts one of the biggest fan bases in the world; their public debut on the New York Stock Exchange (share price up 20% year-to-date) aligns with their smash hit collaborations with rapper Lil Nas X, Netflix’s 80s-inspired Stranger Things, and skateboard-shoe company Vans. Their latest stats, boast more than 43 million daily active players.
RELATED: Video games and brand integration